When I read the blogs of others, and speak to people, I get the idea that a lot of us share the same love: the art of Warcraft. While questing or running about exploring a zone, those of us with this common interest will tend to have one hand on Alt+Z, one hand on Zoom in, followed by a Print Screen or two.
What I propose to you, is to take your character on a journey around Azeroth and Outlands. Some of you may know the lore surrounding these places, some of you may roleplay, some may just like exploring, I don’t expect you all to be involved in these things, but if you have any vague interest in this idea, read on.
I would like to know when you visit a certain area or zone, how your character feels and reacts to their surroundings. Take a few screenshots to share as you go, or if you’d rather not, don’t. It’s entirely upto you how you handle this project. If you don’t RP, you can just put yourself into your character’s shoes and imagine how YOU would feel and react. Take the idea and run away with it. You don’t have to visit every zone, but if you want to, please do. Equally, if you’d rather visit zones I haven’t listed, please do! If you don’t have time to visit the zones but would like to join in anyway, that’s also fine! However you want to interpret this idea in a way that suits you.
List of areas to visit, you can use these or think of your own. I’ve tried to vary it a little; if you’d like to, include a little bit of your character here, think about the sights, smells, sounds, feel of surroundings, reactions, emotions.
- The Caverns of Time: portal there or walk from Tanaris, take the dragon down or walk. You don’t need to head into the instances, but do take a look at the portal entrances.
- The Hinterlands: Seradane, the little bit North across the bridge.
- The Plaguelands: Either/or. Perhaps the little village South of EPL, where Pamela Redpath resides. You can explore little areas or the entire zone.
- Crystalsong Forest: Visit the ruins, the giant crystallised tree, the Great Tree.
- A City: Any city of your choice. Probably Orgrimmar or Stormwind, but perhaps there is somewhere else you’d prefer to take a trip to.
- Winterspring: The hot springs? Lake Kel’Theril? Darkwhisper Gorge?
- Feralas: The Twin Colossals in the North.
- Felwood: The Iron Tree Woods. Shatter Scar Vale.
- Nagrand: The floating rocks.
All I ask for, if you choose to join in, is a pingback or comment on this post so that I can see your responses. Remember, this idea is open to interpretation, so have fun!