Here we are. The last day of Cataclysm. Finally! I’m sure you guys know that I wasn’t Cataclysm’s greatest fan. I quit for 3 months and barely played for most of it. It wasn’t until I found Harvest Moon that I fell in love with the game all over again. From what I hear, Mists will change a lot of the things that I didn’t like and I am very excited to see what’s new.
But Cataclysm wasn’t all bad. The new 1-60 quests were really cool if you stuck around long enough to see them (very difficult with current levelling speeds) and I loved that you could actually just get instance quests from inside the instances rather than traipsing around Azeroth and doing hand stands just to get a couple of dungeon quests like before. I liked the new zones before they got tedious and samey. The Molten Front dailies were actually a lot of fun and the new mounts and pets across the board were awesome. I loved the new ZG and ZA instances, despite never getting my tiger mount. And the introduction of LFR was a great one for people like myself!
I’m looking forward to exploring Pandaria with the Moonies and have been taking a look at Shadow Priest things today. We have my talent spec and glyphs here. Pre-raid gear list, followed by an example of BiS and some playstyle tips. And this MMO-C post is going to be so useful to me! I double checked my stat weights on HowToPriest.com and yes, haste is still ahead of crit and mastery by a mile. Now to double check my priority system and enjoy the goodbye Cataclysm party tonight!
Farewell Cataclysm, you won’t be missed but thanks for all the fish! *watches countdown timer eagerly*
What did you like most about Cataclysm?
I keep seeing a lot of people saying that they won’t be playing on Monday night (Mists release) because they likely won’t be able to log back in. I feel I should share this particular blue post with you guys:
As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!
So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?
- A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.
- Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full — or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.
- Level-85 players will notice their experience bars automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.
- Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don’t have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)
- Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.
We’ve been very hard at work on this new technology with the goal of ensuring that players can enjoy a more stable and seamless transition into the next expansion than ever before. Our staff will be monitoring realm stability and gameplay issues around the clock, as we want to provide you with the best experience possible.
*Touch wood* we shouldn’t need to log out at all!
I like Theramore’s Fall. I quite enjoyed this quick burst of new but easy content with this epic twist of lore, story explained or no. I did it hating the Horde, scared for Jaina and excited to be so close to more of this: new content!!
Okay so the loading screen itself looks very much like something you see zoning into a battleground in my honest opinion but it was new and shiny and it told me that new things were loading up and that is much cause for excitement!
And sure, at this point the scenario bugged on us meaning that once we’d killed the boss we didn’t get progress for the “protect Jaina” part, but it did allow me to take this awesome screenshot and eh Spongeflaps snuck into the picture. Damn you Flaps trying to steal a moment in the spotlight!
Overall.. the music made me swoon. The brief exchange between Jaina and the Orc Guy gave me chills. And hey, random pointless loot and a nice little tabard? Yes please.
At the end of the day, this is not a pre-expansion event, it is a brief look at what scenarios will be like and at that it is successful. Just perhaps needed a little testing before it was thrown out there given the amount of bugs people have been having! Remember what’s important.
That’s right, Jae’s achievements.
Having been working on my Bucket List and progressing nicely, I have a few more things that I’d like to MoP up before the Mists part. Har har.
- Banks and bags need to be cleared and tidied! My bank alt is trying to shift a lot of crap that isn’t budging, this needs to be passed on, vendored, disenchanted. Got rid of. Alts need bank space for new profession and transmog items, as does the main. I shall have to make use of brutality to tidy up things that I won’t need, and Void Storage where needed.
- Seithir still has quests in her log. These need to be completed and cleared up. The only quest I want left in my log when Mists comes is the one for the Firelands legendary staff because there’s no way I’ll complete that in time, and maybe a few dailies to hand in if we can still do that.
- Dailies as frequently as possible. Trying to get Just Another Day in Tol Barad as for some reason that completely reset when I faction changed (only needed one before) and the drake. Molten Front I’m trying my hardest to get the achievements (only need 5 more), two pets I’m missing (bear and lasher) and the hippogryph. Argent Tournament for many mounts I never bothered with but my word I can rarely be arsed. Frenzyheart I need the exalted for 70 exalteds. And cooking and fishing for Bunch of Lunch and Gone Fishin’ and my last few Cataclysm cooking recipes.
- LFR Dragon Soul on my Mage. I’ve been very good in doing this but it’s slowly killing me inside. Only a couple more weeks’ worth.. I can do it.
- Professions! My Priest is after Iron Chef so I’m trying to get as many missing recipes as I can and should be able to get 199/200 before Mists assuming I remember to do my cooking dailies, then I’ll need 41 more for the next tier of that achievement. My Death Knight still needs to max out Enchanting and Blacksmithing and my Mage her Jewelcrafting which I’ll hopefully focus on pretty darn soon in Mists because I really want to have a nice source of income. Hey, I want my Yak, okay?
- I started a Hunter. Yes, another one. I cannot *sadface* afford to transfer one of my two over, especially seeing as my priority is on Paladin and no still can’t afford it, so I started a new one. There’s a lot of fun items and transmog gear and professions I’m missing out on by starting anew but alas. Faelysia the Draenei Hunter is taking names and kicking arse and she’s just a bit awesome. She made it to 40 in two days and honestly? She really could be closing in on 55 today if I’d played her yesterday. Trying to level her as quickly as I can because I really want to have a Hunter alt to enjoy in Mists. I miss them! In the meantime she’s currently a Herbing Alchemist, herbing only taken because herbs are freaking impossible on this server’s auction house, eventually it’ll be dropped for Engineering as my Druid is my gathering alt.
- Speaking of, need to level my Druid and her Herbing and Mining.
- Limnologist and Oceanographer on my Priest. I started them yesterday following this (now quite old) guide and I’m getting pretty close to finishing.
- Start a guild bank for my bank alt, fill it up with profession mats, lowbie levelling/transmog gear, things that will sell like hot cakes when the pandas enter the world. Ideally, I’d like to invite some noobs to level it up enough and start earning me some sneaky gold but that takes effort I don’t think I can be arsed with.
- Molten Core and AQ40 weekly on my Priest.. well.. we’ll see. AQ40 still needs some folk for Twins (awkward fuckers that they are) and Molten Bore… yeah. But I need the reps.
I also need to get some posts written and scheduled on the book blog to ensure I don’t vanish off the face of the book blogging world for the first few weeks!
Squee I’m excited!
You guys planning any last minute pre-Mists spring cleaning?